Rules & Instructions – How to Apply:
- Review the list of current plates available and identify a preferred numbered plate (if desired) from this list below. If you do not or cannot receive your requested number please make sure you identify on the Application form if you still want a randomly numbered plate.
- The OPFFA Executive Board reserves the right to withhold a specific plate number (i.e. Local numbers will not be available).
- Complete the Application form (please ensure that the name on the application form is the name as it appears on your vehicle permit).
- Make cheque (currently $120.00) payable to the OPFFA.
- Submit the Application form along with your cheque to the OPFFA office.
- The office staff will review the Application form and payment upon receipt. Should they be incomplete or incorrect you will be notified at the phone number or email identified on the Application form.
- All Applications will be processed in the OPFFA once monthly.
- Any plate number that is in stock and has multiple requests will be determined through a draw. All other applications will receive a randomly drawn plate.
- The plate and MTO form will be couriered to the person identified on the Application to the address provided (no PO Box numbers).
- Should there be any dispute, the Principal Officers shall review the matter and make a final determination.
- How much is an OPFFA graphic plate?
- Currently - $82.15 inclusive + shipping & handling charge. Total $120.00
- How can I order an OPFFA graphic plate?
- You must be an active or retired member in good standing with the OPFFA.
- You must complete the application form and have it signed by your current Local President. This form can be digitally signed by the member and the members local president. Applications and all other paperwork can be downloaded below.
- The original application, and cheque for the plate must be submitted to the OPFFA office.
- Can I order more than one plate?
- Yes - but only to vehicles registered to the member.
- What will be on the plate?
- IAFF Logo, 2 numbers, PF (professional firefighter), 2 numbers
- In what order? Plates start at 01PF01 and progress sequentially to 99PF99
- Can I order a personalized plate with the IAFF graphic?
- Can these plates be ordered for motorcycles?
- Due to space limitations, no graphics appear on motorcycle plates.
- If my plate were to be damaged or stolen can I get it replaced? Will it be the same as the original?
- Lost or Stolen Plates: Lost or stolen plates cannot be replaced with the original plate number. The member can re-apply for another graphic plate at their cost. If your insurance company requires a copy of your original plate application, please contact Kelly King at email@example.com and one will be emailed to you.
- Damaged Plates: Send a picture of your damaged plate via email to Kelly King at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will then be forwarded to the Ministry for replacement approval. If approved by the Ministry the replacement plate will be sent to the OPFFA office and then forwarded to the member. (a $25.00 shipping and handling charge will apply).
- If your plates have been lost, stolen or damaged, they will not be replaced with the original plate number.
- Are the plates available for retired fire fighters?
- Yes, you must be a retired member in good standing from a local that is currently affiliated with the OPFFA and complete the same application form to be signed by the current local President as stated in question # 2.
Application Form & Criteria:
Please contact Kelly King:
905-681-7111 x 102
905-681-7111 x 102